Installing AVG Anti-virus
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Open a web browser.
- In the address field type in free.avg.com.
- When the window loads under the Free basic protection windows on the web page click on Download.
- On the next web page that loads scroll down and in the column AVG Anti-virus Free click on Download*Basic Protection.
- On the next web page that loads click on Download Now. This should initiate the downloading of the AVG installation file.
- Click Save File. NOTE: The file name may differ from the file name displayed in the screenshot below.
Installing Free AVG
- Double click on the downloaded file to install AVG.
- Click on Run.
- Click Next.
- In the Acceptance Notice window click Accept.
- In the license agreement window click Accept.
- In the Protection option window, choose Basic Protection then click Next.
- Select the Express Install by clicking Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- When the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 first opens, click the Fix It button at the top to update AVG to the latest version.
Configuring AVG Scheduled Scans
- You can configure when you would like AVG to scan your computer by clicking Scan Options, then Manage Scheduled Scans.
- Click on Edit scan schedule and check Enable this task. You can configure the scan settings from here.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Last updated: June 3, 2016