Remote Access to Software Applications - Macintosh to Windows
3. Find Computer TO CONNECT WITH on Map
- Once logged in, click Maps. You will notice active dots within Burke Library on a campus map. These dots signify the remote computers available for use.
- When you click on one of these locations, a list of public computing spaces will be displayed.
- Click on one of the two locations via the blue links labeled remote lab macOS / windows - to see the available remote computers within that space.
- You will see a list of computers and their status of availability in the second column.
- Locate a computer that states it is available and click on Connect on that particular machine
- You can also use the Search for Software option to locate a computer with specific software installed.
Last updated: September 3, 2021
4. Connect with an available computer
When you click Connect, a login box will appear. Login with your Hamilton account and click Sign In.
- Students will type firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty & Staff will type email@example.com
5. Verify Successful Remote Connection
If the remote connection is successful, you will see the Information Technology User Agreement. Once you accept the agreement, it will take you to your remote desktop.
6. LOG OFF
Please remember to sign out of the remote computer when you are finished.
These instructions were developed using Google Chrome as a browser. Please note some steps/screenshots may vary in other browsers.