Conducting Web Conferences Using Zoom
LITS now offers a “best in class” video conferencing solution, Zoom. We require at least one week’s notice to be able to provide support for a web conference.
You can automatically create a “Basic” account simply by logging into hamilton.zoom.us. This will allow a meeting of any duration between two users and a meeting of up to 40 minutes for between 2 and 100 users. You may also request a “Pro” account, which will allow you to have a meeting of any duration with up to 100 users. For support from LITS for upcoming web conferences, fill out the video conference support request form.
Please note that we have a limited number of licenses, so we ask that you only request an account if necessary, and let us know when you no longer need access to Zoom. We require at least one week’s notice to be able to provide support for a web conference.
Zoom is a very intuitive program with many features, some of which may not be immediately apparent. If you want to learn more about how to use Zoom, please check out their online support pages. Zoom also has a downloadable guide that covers some of the intermediate and advanced features. Zoom Tutorials can be found here.
If you have specific questions about Zoom or web conferencing in general, please email the Web Conferencing Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Best-in-class video and audio quality, even over long distances, with extremely high stability and reliability.
· Intuitive user interface that allows hosts, presenters, and up to 100 participants to communicate easily and with little instruction.
· The ability to give another Zoom user control over your computer for troubleshooting and/or technical assistance.
· Manual and/or automatic recording (and deleting) of meetings either to the cloud or to an individual's computer with fast automatic conversion to a standard .mp4 video format.
· The ability to seamlessly share anything that is on the presenter's screen, including PowerPoint presentations, Google apps, and video.
· The ability to participate in meetings using Android and IOS mobile devices via their mobile app.
· Full integration with the Blackboard LMS, as well as all other major LMS platforms.
Support for Zoom
Having a problem with Zoom? Access their 24/7 chat support by clicking the “Help” icon that appears at the bottom of www.zoom.us.
For technical or classroom support questions, call the Hamilton College Help Desk at 315- 859-4181 or email email@example.com.
Zoom documentation and video tutorials can be found here.
Use the Hamilton Resource Calendar to schedule a video conference via a larger display or projector. Rooms equipped with LCD screens are especially suitable. Audiovisual Services (firstname.lastname@example.org, 315-859-4120) can offer advice on locations.
LITS has four Mobile Videoconferencing Carts, located in Burke Library, Spencer House, KJ, and the Taylor Science Center. These carts make group video conferences much easier and improve the quality of the conversation dramatically.
If your computer does not have a webcam or microphone, LITS maintains a small pool of high-quality external webcams with integrated microphones that may be checked out by Staff and Faculty for video conferences. Please contact the LITS Help Desk (email@example.com, 315-859-4181) for reservation information.
Should you wish to purchase your own webcam/microphone unit, LITS recommends the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920.
If you intend to use your own laptop for the video conference, please note that you may need an adaptor to connect it to the screens or projectors in various rooms on campus. If needed, and based on availability, Audiovisual Services (firstname.lastname@example.org, 315-859-4120) can provide staff and faculty with an adaptor to connect your computer.
Last updated: March 23, 2018