Secure Wireless Configuration
Hamilton College has secure wireless network access available in all campus buildings and most outdoor areas. Connectivity to the wireless network is supported by 802.11g or 802.11n wireless cards, which are available in most new Windows and Macintosh laptops. Please note that the installation of a personal wireless access point (Apple Airport Station, wireless router, etc.), is strictly prohibited on campus.
Configuring your computer for a secure wireless connection:
No matter what cell phone carrier you plan on using please make sure the device has the following specifications.
- 3G data (or higher) and voice capabilities .
- Bluetooth support - allows you to connect a bluetooth head set while driving.
- USB connectivity - allows you to charge your device and sync up data with your computer.
- Wi-Fi enabled - allows you to connect at faster speeds than your cell phone carrier's data network
General Wirelesss Configuration Settings for Your Mobile Device
Use these settings to configure your mobile device to use Hamilton's secure wireless network. Once connected to our wireless network you will not be using your cellular data plan. If you are out of the range of our wireless network your phone will automatically switch back to your cellular service thus using your cellular data plan.
Login: Use your Hamilton network Username and Password.
Device specific setup instructions:
- Blackberry - Please be aware that some Blackberry devices are not wi-fi capable
- Windows Mobile
- Kindle and Nook - Most of these devices can only use guest wireless. Please see contact the Help Desk for further assistance with your model
To configure your mobile device for e-mail and calendar access please click here.
Last updated: May 10, 2017