LITS Resource Center
Last updated: July 29, 2023
Hamilton College offers secure wireless network access in all campus buildings and most outdoor areas. Network connectivity is supported by 802.11g or 802.11n wireless cards available on most modern Windows and Macintosh laptops.
Please note that the use of a personal wireless access point (Apple Airport Station, wireless router, etc.) is strictly prohibited on campus.
The following wireless home devices will not work on the Hamilton wireless network because home devices do not have Enterprise level encryption.
- Game systems - Xbox, Wii, Nintendo Switch and Playstation
- Media Streaming devices - Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast
- Home assistance devices - Amazon Alexa and Google Home
Mobile device setup
Use these settings to configure your mobile device to use Hamilton’s secure wireless network;
- SSID: aps-hamilton
- EAP Method: PEAP or 802.1x
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: Use System certificate and type in hamilton.edu
- Login: Your Hamilton username and password
If you are connected to the aps-hamilton wireless network and wander outside coverage areas, your phone will automatically revert to your cellular service's data plan.
Device-specific setup instructions
There is no guarantee that Hamilton's wireless network will be compatible with all smart phones and mobile devices. The directions below are for the most-used platforms: