First-Year Experience (FYE) Leader
- Create and implement programming, and fulfill the roles of peer advisor, role model, programmer, facilitator, and resource for first-year students.
- Collaborate with fellow FYE Leaders as well as the Resident Advisor staff.
- Reside in a single in Dunham residence hall on a first-year floor for the entire academic year (or the fall semester only with advance permission). FYE Leaders will receive a full room credit for the entire year, and a one-half room credit for the fall semester only. FYE Leaders also may “pull” a friend into another Dunham single on the same floor.
- Attend mandatory training in May and August, and participate in New Student Orientation.
- Participate in on-going staff development sessions held throughout the academic year as needed.
- Be supervised by Travis Hill, assistant dean of students for residential life, including weekly reports, bi-weekly meetings in person, and one formal evaluation meeting per semester.
- Support the Office of Residential Life by following their policies and adhering to regulations.
- Facilitate social and educational programs for the assigned group of 15-25 students.
- Participate in and complete other FYE tasks deemed necessary by the Office of Residential Life.
How to apply:
- Send resume and letter of interest to Assistant Dean of Students for Residential Life Travis Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, April 9 at 4 p.m.
- Individual interviews will take place the week of April 14