Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Provide administrative and secretarial support for the Business Office, which includes the Controller and Director of Budgets, as well as Management and Support Staff.
• Respond to requests for information from internal and external customers, answers phone and screens calls as appropriate, directs calls to appropriate staff, directs visitors, ensures that office supplies are maintained and office equipment is working properly, picks up and sorts mail
• Ensures that correct security database access is maintained for budget officers, making changes as appropriate and notifying users. Updates security access each year for new department chairs.
• Assigns new account numbers for equipment, repair and replacement accounts. Creates new account number(s) in the college’s database management system, notifies the budget officer of the new number and prepares the budget journal entry as necessary. Receives unit code number for new grants from the Assistant Controller and creates the new general ledger number in the college’s database management system, notifying appropriate parties as necessary.
• Ensures Business Office files are maintained, archived, and purged according to the retention schedule established by the College. Maintains schedule of files and supervises transfer of all files to storage.
• Maintains Business Office calendar, ensuring that vacations and meetings are recorded. Coordinates and schedules meetings for the Controller and others as needed.
• Maintains accounting calendar, ensuring that quarterly and annual tasks are completed, including but not limited to,
- Annual correspondence to BNYMellon for bond disclosures and guarantees,
- OCIDA reports for bonds
- The annual Digital Assurance Certification filing related to the DASNY bonds
- The NYS Annual Segregated Gift Annuity report.
- The New York State Raffle Report
- Prepares annual audit confirmations.
- As annual investment K-1 forms are received, maintains an electronic file to send to the auditors; make copies for our records. Tracks missing forms and work with the Investment Office to obtain them.
• Coordinates document creation/copy/duplication activities; suggest best practices; coordinates with Print Shop as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Associate’s degree in secretarial science or general business. Two to three years previous experience in an administrative support role in an Accounting and/or Finance setting. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Candidate should have above average organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prioritize. Proficiency with a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office Word and Excel, database applications and the ability to learn customized software is preferred.
This is a part-time 50% position with a work schedule totaling approximately 910 hours worked per year.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 10/24/2012