Van Reservations and Priority
The college has nine, 12-passenger travel vans divided equally into 3 main groups; Academic, Athletic, and Student Activities. These departments have priority over the vans assigned to them up to 14 days before departure. No priorities will apply to requests made less than two weeks prior to the proposed trip. If vehicles are available, they will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. No person, who has reserved a vehicle and been acknowledged, will be "bumped" or deprived of that vehicle prior to the proposed trip, except in the event of mechanical difficulties that make the vehicle unavailable. All requests for vans shall be made on line through the Events Calendar.
Reserving a Van
Select “Van Reservation” as your Event Type, and include an account number and the name of your authorized driver on the third screen.
Checking Vehicles Out/In
- Vehicle pick-up is made at Physical Plant. If it's after hours, contact Campus Safety and an Officer will escort you to Physical Plant and obtain the trip tickets and vehicle keys.
- You are responsible for inspecting the vehicle prior to departure. Any items missing or new damage upon your return will be your responsibility to replace. The cost of the replacement item and any new damage will be added to the vehicle mileage charge and billed to your account.
- Vehicles must be returned to the Physical Plant garage, immediately upon return to Hamilton, after discharging passengers. All debris is to be removed from the vehicle and deposited in trash receptacles before returning it. Because of scheduling requirements, vehicles may not be retained at home overnight unless arrangements have been made in advance. Upon return, please secure the windows and lock the vehicle.
- Any vehicle malfunctions, problems, repairs, missing equipment, etc. should be reported to Physical Plant. Return the keys and Charge-out Ticket to Physical Plant. If returning a vehicle after hours, please go to Campus Safety and an Officer can accompany you to Physical Plant. Please note the odometer reading on the Charge-out Ticket.
Vehicle Usage Policy
Please review these policies if you are planning a trip in a College vehicle.
Driver Training & Qualification Procedures
If you are interested in becoming a student driver, please consult these materials to see if you meet the qualifications for authorization.
- Valid U.S. driver's license for three years with no moving violations
- successful completion of classroom safety training
- successful completion of driving test
- DMV record check