A Hamilton tradition will be renewed when the College Choir hits the road during spring break, performing in Rochester, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and Buffalo.
The choir will give performances on:
• Saturday, March 13, 7 p.m., Christ Church, 141 East Avenue, Rochester
• Sunday, March 14, 8 p.m., St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 2747 Fairmount Blvd, Cleveland;
• Monday, March 15, 8:00 p.m., St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 939 Hinman Avenue. Evanston, IL;
• Wednesday, March 17, 7:030 p.m., Kenilworth Union Church, 2411 Kenilworth Avenue, Kenilworth, IL;
• Thursday, March 18, 7 p.m., Covenant First Presbyterian, 717 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH;
• Friday, March 19, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 724 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, N.Y.
All performances are free and open to the public.
Under the direction of G. Roberts Kolb, professor of music and director of choral music at Hamilton since 1981, the choir and College Hill singers will present a selection of both sacred and secular works, ranging from the Renaissance to the present day, and including works from J.S. Bach, Heinrich Isaac, Anton Bruckner Johannes Broahms and eric Whitacre and a selction of folk songs and spirituals.
The Hamilton Choir boasts an uninterrupted tradition of fine choral singing that dates back for over a century. The choir travels regularly throughout the eastern half of the United States and has undertaken five concert tours in Europe over the last 18 years.