Support Staff Job Opportunities
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
This is an as-needed, non-benefited position. Working as part of a team of art handler/installers, this individual is primarily responsible for facilitating the installation of exhibitions per the Museum exhibition program.
- Installing and de-installing exhibitions and collections management according to plans of Associate Director and Curator, Building Manager/Preparator, or the Collections and Exhibitions Specialist
- Fabricating exhibit displays, props and mounts
- Matting and framing works for exhibition
- Installation of audio and visual technologies
- Preparing and packing/unpacking objects for travel, and assisting with incoming and outgoing shipments
- Moving objects and/or materials under the direction of the Associate director and Curator, Building Manager/Preparator, or the Collections and Exhibitions Specialist
- Completing finish work for exhibitions including lighting, leveling, cleaning, labeling and signage
- Performing other exhibition duties as assigned
- Maintenance and housekeeping of galleries and exhibits
Minimum of 3-5 years art handling and installation experience in a museum, gallery or professional art studio or equivalent.
Knowledge of safe art handling procedures. Ability to work under pressure, focus on tasks at hand and adhere to aggressive changeover schedule. Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
Interested candidates should apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/40165.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 01/13/2017