Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Summer Hours
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Registrar's Office
Elihu Root House
315-859-4632 (fax)



How can I get a copy of my transcript?

Transcript Request Form - You can type your information into this form, print, sign and return to the Registrar's Office.  If the form is not automatically opened to be fillable, select Open with a Different Viewer, open in Adobe Reader and enter your information on the form.  If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can print and complete this form by hand. 

If you are ON CAMPUS, you may request a transcript by completing a "transcript request form." Forms can be accessed from the link above or picked up outside the Registrar's Office.

If you are OFF CAMPUS, you may send the Registrar's Office a request for a transcript. Either complete the form found at the link above or write a letter indicating your full name, class year, and birthdate with the address(es) to which records should be mailed. Be sure to include your deadlines if they apply AND BE SURE TO SIGN ALL REQUESTS.

You can mail, fax or email a scanned copy of the form (with your written signature) to:

MAIL: Office of the Registrar
198 College Hill Road
Clinton, NY 13323.

FAX:   315-859-4632

EMAIL:  regofc@hamilton.edu


Signature Required

Transcripts are released only upon written request by the student. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Federal law commonly referred to as the Buckley Law) requires that Registrars obtain the student's signature each time a transcript is requested. This requirement is not unique to Hamilton, and you will be required to submit a written request at all institutions you attend to obtain copies of your transcripts.


What is a Transcript?

The academic transcript is an official chronological listing of a student's coursework with grades, cumulative averages, major, minor, Commencement honors, birthdate, and ID number. It is a formal document requested for application to graduate and professional schools, and increasingly required by prospective employers. Students who plan to take an academic leave of absence to study at another U.S. institution or abroad, will be required to submit their Hamilton transcript as part of their formal application. Others may need to send their transcript to scholarship donors, and/or financial institutions to be eligible for aid.

Transcripts are maintained by the Registrar's Office and are kept permanently.


How long will it take to process my request?

Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow up to 10 working days if you are submitting your request between April 1 - November 1. More time may be needed for processing between November 1 - February 28. Transcripts will NOT be processed while you wait! Same day transcripts cannot be accommodated at this time. Please plan ahead when requesting a transcript.

Is there a charge to send a transcript?

There is no charge to have a transcript sent. Students pay a one time fee of $25.00 on their first semester tuition bill to cover the cost of all future transcript requests.

What is the Format of the Transcript?

Transcripts are printed on a security paper with the Registrar's signature imprinted on the paper.  There is no Unofficial transcript, all requests come on the security paper and are processed the same way.  At this time, Hamilton does not send Electronic or Email Transcripts.