Academic Year (or Semester) in Spain

Application and Enrollment

Health Insurance Information


The HCAYS issues bulletins after acceptance regarding necessary health and insurance coverage, passports, visas, housing in Madrid, travel, etc., during the months preceding departure for Spain.


HCAYS provides health insurance in Spain for all participants as part of the program fee to ensure that all students are adequately protected.

Students are required to obtain an ISIC (International Student ID Card), which provides additional health insurance.

We strongly advise that all necessary dental work be done prior to leaving the United States. When necessary, students should have an extra pair of glasses with them and a sufficient quantity of special medicines required, as well as any pertinent prescriptions.

You should note that prices in Spain are, for most items, higher than is generally assumed.