Clinton families, apply for the Sidekicks program!
Sidekicks is open to any student at Hamilton College, but preference is given to freshmen and sophomores so that they can stay with their pair for a longer period of time before they graduate. Any first- through fourth-grader at Clinton Elementary School is eligible to participate in the program, and sign-ups for Clinton Elementary students occur at the beginning of the year.
The Sidekicks program began in the fall of 2012 and is in its fourth semester. Volunteers can do a wide variety of activities with their Sidekick. Some popular favorites include:
- Eating together at the college dining hall
- Taking a nature hike through the Glen
- Baking cookies at the sidekick's house
- Playing sports together
- Taking a trip through the Wellin Museum of Art together
- Enjoying a steamy cup of hot chocolate and an Opus cookie together
- Taking a trip to the Kirkland Town Library after school
- And many more!
Sidekicks large group events also occur on campus throughout the semester! Past events have included holiday cookie decorating and a pizza party.