Wednesday, June 28, 2023
As the Wellin’s 10-year anniversary comes to an end, we take a moment to reflect on the numbers. Since its opening in 2013, the Wellin Museum of Art has welcomed countless classes, mounted dozens of exhibitions, and expanded its collection more than one could have ever expected.
Let’s break it down.
Since its inception, the Wellin Museum has…
- Engaged in 11 institutional partnerships
- Partnered with 17 publications
- Hosted 24 external classes & workshops
- Welcomed 28 local school districts
- Championed 34 visiting artists and curators
- Exemplified 36 disciplines
- Mounted 36 exhibitions
- Hosted 66 student / campus programs
- Been featured in 67 media outlets
- Welcomed 127 K–12 classes
- Trained 160 Hamilton student docents
- Delivered 241 public programs
- Coordinated 620 Hamilton class sessions
- Achieved 2,635 acquisitions since 2012
- Obtained 7,861 works in the collection
- And most importantly, welcomed 100,396 total visitors
Did we mention that was just in the first 10 years? Thank you for supporting and following the Wellin’s story. Here’s to many more.