Anna Huff Mercovich
Assistant Professor of Digital ArtsList 126
Anna Huff’s work spans performance, sound, technology, mixed media, and interactivity. She frequently engages intersections of body, object, and ritual to reveal social and technological structures that tie individuals to communities. Huff is also a founding member of media performance collective Cloud Eye Control, creating interactive and time-based work that addresses speculative futures and the impact of technology on the human psyche.
She has special interests in interdisciplinary pedagogy, collaboration, and potentials for “liveness” and community building across digital and hybrid platforms. Huff was a recent performance fellow at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Additional performances and presentations include the New Museum; Redcat, Los Angeles; MoMA PS1; and Festival A Mil, Chile; among others. She previously taught at Cornell University’s Department of Art, and the CalArts Center for Integrated Media.
Huff holds an M.F.A. from California Institute of the Arts, and a B.A. from The Evergreen State College.
Recent Courses Taught
Performance, Ritual, and Technology
Intro to Media: Integrated Media
SELECT EXHIBITIONS AND PERFORMANCES
- 2017, SFMOMA Performance All Ages, Multimedia Performance Residency
- 2015, The New Museum, “Temporary arrangements”, New York City
- 2015, REDCAT, “Half Life” with Cloud Eye Control, Los Angeles, Calif.
- 2014, Santa Monica Museum of Art “Tour de Arts”, Santa Monica, Calif.
- 2013, Bumbershoot, “After the Riot” Video and Performance Stage, Seattle Wash.
- 2011, Las Cienegas Projects, Bonnet Sculpture Aerobics, Culver City, Calif.
Appointed to the Faculty: 2020
M.F.A., California Institute of the Arts
B.A., The Evergreen State College