Visiting Assistant Professor of Physicshbui@hamilton.edu
Hai Bui received his B.S and Ph.D in Physics from University of Texas at Austin. Prior to Hamilton, Bui was a lecturer in the department of chemistry and physics at Augusta University. His research is studying the quantum behavior of the system in the curved surfaces which are embedded in the three dimensional space, and the decay and resonance phenomenon. In his free time, he enjoys swimming, cooking, and watching movies.
Recent Courses Taught
Introductory Physics I
- H. V. Bui and A. Mostafazadeh. “Geometric scattering of a scalar particle moving on a curved surface in the presence of point defects.” Ann. Phys. (NY) 407, 228-249 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aop.2019.05.001. Arxiv:1905.01808
- H. V. Bui, A. Mostafazadeh, and Se. Seymen. ”Geometric scattering in the presence of line defects.” Eur. Phys. J. Plus 136, 109 (2021). arXiv: 2012.06395.
- A. Bohm and H. V. Bui, “The Marvelous Consequences of Hardy Space in Quantum Physics,” Geometric Methods in Physics: XXX Workshop, 211-228 (2013).
- A. Bohm and H. V. Bui, “Groups and Semi-groups for the Dynamical Evolution of Quantum Physic,” Proceeding XXIX International Group Theory Colloquium, Chern Institute of Mathematics, Tianjin, China (2012).
- A. Bohm and H. V. Bui,“Resonances and Decay Phenomena Lead to QuantumMechanical Time Asymmetry,” Proceeding of the XXI International Symposium on the Jahn-Teller Effect (JT2012), Tsukuba, Japan, 2012.
- A. Bohm, P. Kielanowski and H. V. Bui, “Boundary Conditions for the Dynamical Equations of Quantum Mechanics,” Journal of Russian Laser Research 2014, Vol 35, Issue 1, pp 14-26
- H. V. Bui, “Relativistic Resonance and Decay Phenomena,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series 597 (2015) 012020
American Physical Society
Appointed to the Faculty: 2021
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
B.S., University of Texas at Austin