Committee Formed for Presidential Search
Hamilton College has announced the members of the Search Committee that will recommend the college’s next president to the Board of Trustees and created a website to report on the committee’s progress.
The college is seeking a president to succeed Joan Hinde Stewart, who announced her decision to retire on June 30, 2016.
In a note to the campus community on Thursday, Feb. 26, Chairman of the Board of Trustees Steve Sadove ’73 said he and Charter Trustee Bob Delaney would chair the Search Committee. They will be joined by:
- Aron J. Ain ’79, P’09,’11, alumni trustee
- Lori Rava Dennison ’87, P’16, ex officio, secretary to the board of trustees
- Katheryn H. Doran, associate professor of philosophy
- Amy Owens Goodfriend ’82, charter trustee
- Phoebe L. Greenwald, class of 2016
- Monica C. Inzer, vice president and dean of admission and financial aid
- Linda E. Johnson ’80, charter trustee
- Shoshana Keller, professor of history
- Kevin W. Kennedy ’70, chairman emeritus, life trustee
- Lea Haber Kuck ’87, alumni trustee
- Karen L. Leach, vice president, administration and finance
- George F. Little II ’71, P’06, ex officio, vice chairman of the board of trustees
- Thomas J. Schwarz ’66, P’01, life trustee
- David M. Solomon ’84, P’16, charter trustee
- Caleb D. Williamson, class of 2017
- Stephen Wu, professor of economics
The Search Committee will be assisted by John Isaacson and Jane Gruenebaum of Isaacson, Miller, a Boston-based executive search firm with extensive experience recruiting leaders for colleges and universities.
“Each of the search firms we interviewed several weeks ago felt confident we would attract a strong pool of candidates because of the leadership demonstrated by our board and Hamilton’s position among the best liberal arts colleges in the country,” Sadove said. “We look forward to our first meeting with the committee, the search firm and to working with members of the Hamilton community to recruit our next president.”