The Hamilton College Chapter of Sigma Xi, the international science research society, initiated several new members at a meeting that took place on May 18.
The new inductees included 12 members of the Class of 2018:
- Kyndal A. Burdin, psychology major
- Andre J. Burnham, biology major
- Giovanny Dominguez, chemistry major
- Petra Barbro Elfström, archaeology major
- Emily Arlene Hull, archaeology major
- Elise S. LePage, physics major
- Benjamin G. Mittman, neuroscience major
- Anya E. Nugent, physics major
- Isabel Shaheen O’Malley, psychology major
- Vi A. Pham, neuroscience major
- Annabel Sangree, biology major
- Justin C. Sonberg, chemistry major
Celia DeJohn, a student from Utica College, was also inducted at the meeting.
Sigma Xi is an international honor society of science and engineering professionals that facilitates a variety of activities that support scientific research. Hamilton was one of the first wholly undergraduate colleges to be granted a chapter when its club earned an upgrade to chapter status in 1965.