Major national and regional news organizations regularly interview Hamilton faculty, staff, and students for their expertise and perspectives on current events, and to feature programs and activities on campus.
Highlights of June’s coverage have been compiled by the Media Relations Office. Links are provided, but some may require subscriptions to access content. Please contact Senior Director of Media Relations Vige Barrie if you cannot open the link and do not have a subscription.
- “Biden Struggles to Defend His Presidency Amid Setbacks” – U.S. News, June 1
Professor of Economics Ann Owen commented.
- “Why Is Hollywood Still So Obsessed with Nuns?” – Elle, June 2
Professor of Religious Studies S. Brent Plate was interviewed.
- “Biden Is Locking Up Thousands of Immigrants in For-Profit Detention Centers” – Jacobin, June 3
Finlay Adamson ’22 wrote this essay.
- “Hamilton College Class of 2020 Celebrates Two Years Later” – Spectrum Cable News and WKTV (NBC affiliate, Utica), June 4
Local media covered Hamilton’s in-person Commencement ceremony honoring the Class of 2020.
- “The Strongest And Weakest Colleges In America — Behind Forbes 2022 Financial Grades” – Forbes, June 9
The publication gave Hamilton an A+.
- “Three Black Scholars Who Have Been Appointed to Dean Positions” – The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, June 13
The appointment of Ngonidzashe Munemo as vice president of academic affairs was announced. It had been published earlier in the Central New York Business Journal, the Daily Sentinel and Utica’s Observer-Dispatch.
- “Card Joins Hamilton College as Dean of Students” – Central New York Business Journal, June 14
The Daily Sentinel (Rome, N.Y.) also announced his appointment.
- “College graduates benefitting from job market that's hiring, hiring, hiring” – Observer-Dispatch (Utica, N.Y.), June 17
Director of Engagement Strategy Abby Taylor was interviewed.
- “Finding Timbuctoo” – PBS Documentary, June 20
Alumnus Geritt Smith and Hamilton College were included in this historical documentary.
- “Colleges should do more to slow down ‘fast thinking’” – The Hill, June 26
President David Wippman co-authored this essay that also appeared on the MSN website.
- “Hamilton College Professor Awarded Research Grant from National Science Foundation” – Central New York Business Journal, June 27
Associate Professor of Chemistry Max Majireck received a $247 NSF grant. This news was featured by several other papers and television channels.
- “The Difficult Name Penalty” – Inside Higher Ed, June 29
Professor of Economics Stephen Wu spoke with this publication about his recent research.