Summer Housing Available in NYC
Hamilton College is offering summer housing in lower Manhattan for current students and alumni only. Tenants will we selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Professor of Anthropology Henry Rutz is the contact person regarding summer housing in New York City. Any questions regarding this announcement should be directed to Professor Rutz: email@example.com. The College reserves the right to rent only those apartments where minimum occupancy levels can be met.
The apartment is located at 1 West Street in lower Manhattan, on the corner of Battery Park Place and West Street
- 3 apartments available from June 1 to August 10
- maximum 4 tenants in an apartment
- $400 security deposit (will be refunded after occupancy ends, may be prorated based on damages)
- $950/month per tenant, August rent will be prorated
- corner apartments with sweeping views, 27th, 30th and 32nd floors
- 1903 building completely renovated in 2000
- 2 bedrooms (with bunk beds)
- 2 baths
- kitchen and living room
- completely furnished (including utensils)
- tenants required to bring their own linens
- garden terrace
- 24/7 security, concierge for packages, valet
- convenient shopping, including pharmacy and delicatessen in building
- many parks nearby for recreation, picnics, contemplation; abundant music and entertainment in the area
A manager is hired by the College to oversee the summer rental program and to act as an intermediary between the students and the landlord. The manager also takes care of key arrangements, inspections, etc.
If you are interested in renting one of the Hamilton apartments in New York City, deliver your security deposit check for $400 (payable to the Trustees of Hamilton College) to either Marcia Wilkinson or Carole Freeman in K-J 136 or mail to Prof. Henry Rutz, Department of Anthropology, Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, NY 13323, no later than April 15. Once tenants are selected, they will be notified and their first month's rent ($950) will be due on May 26. A signed occupancy agreement will also be required prior to the move-in date. Security deposit checks will be returned to those not selected as tenants.
Additional details about the apartments, a map of the area, and photos of the rooms are available at: http://academics.hamilton.edu/academic_programs/nyc/housing.html