Wick Receives Environmental Stewardship Award
Casey Wick, assistant director of physical plant custodial services, has been honored with an Environmental Stewardship award for his efforts to support environmental awareness at Hamilton. The award was made by Hill & Markes, Inc., an Amsterdam, N.Y.–based distributor that provides solutions to its customers who are looking to bring “innovative sustainable and environmentally friendly products into their organizations.”
According to a press release from Hill & Markes, the award “recognizes the responsible decisions that Hamilton College has made regarding the products they select (Green Seal® Certified, EPA Registered, LEED Recognized, EcoLogo™ etc) and the methods they employ to clean that contribute to a sustainable future. This award is given in accordance with the goal of providing tools and incentives for conservation efforts at the college.”
The release noted some of the steps that Hamilton has taken to use environmentally preferable products, including:
- The use of Green Seal Certified Cleaning Chemicals in its efforts to keep with green cleaning standards.
- EPA registered and Green Seal Certified towel and tissue products that contain the recommended recycled amount of paper.
- The implementation of high performance cleaning techniques to promote air quality within its facilities.
- Use of Green Seal Certified skin care products.
- Tennant autoscrubber that uses electrically charged ec-H20 technology as an alternative to chemicals in the floor cleaning process.
- Tennant carpet ReadySpace rapid-drying carpet care technology.
- JohnsonDiversey water-based, ultra-low odor floor finish.