Sunday, April 24 at 9 a.m.
The General Lottery provides students an opportunity to select all other housing options not chosen in the Blocking, Co-Op and Substance-Free lotteries or otherwise pre-assigned. You do NOT need to sign up for the General Lottery. Below is an outline of when numbers will be called.
- Rising Senior Class (2017) - number calling begins at 9 a.m.
- Rising Junior Class (2018) - number calling begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Rising Sophomore Class (2019) - number calling begins at 6:30 p.m.
** This schedule is tentative. There may be delays, so keep track of the progress of the lottery using the advertised media.
The rooms available will be frequently updated on floor plans posted in the Annex at the housing lottery. Floor plans will also be available on the tables when you select a room.
**NOTE** In order to stay on schedule at the Lottery, you will have a time limit of 3 minutes to select your room.
If you (or your housing proxy) show up late, you WILL be able to select a room at the time you arrive. However, if you (or your housing proxy) fail to show up, you will be placed on the Fall Housing Waitlist.
- Bring your Hamilton ID card.
- The Barn will be used as a waiting area.
- When your lottery number is called, you and anyone you intend to pull will show your Hamilton ID cards at the check-in table. (If you are being pulled with someone else’s number, you or your proxy must be present when the pull occurs.) You will then be escorted to the annex where you will be able to view the most up to date floor plans. Where you will narrow down your preferences to a few available rooms.
- The escort will then lead you to another table where you will be given 2 stickers with your name on them.
- Lastly you will go to the sticker chart area. Here you (and anyone being pulled) will place one sticker on the sticker chart next to the room you are selecting. The second sticker will be placed on a quarter sheet of paper. The room you are selecting along with your meal plan choice will be written on this paper by a lottery volunteer. The sheet MUST REMAIN IN THE ANNEX. The quarter sheet is used by the Office of Residential Life for data entry in our computer system. If you take this sheet with you your room choice will not be properly recorded.
- Each student will have approximately 3 minutes to complete this process in order to keep the lottery moving, so please be sure that you arrive prepared with a realistic game plan of where you would like to live.
Once you place your sticker, that room selection is final!*
* See the section on lottery manipulation for more information
**NOTE** Rising Juniors and Seniors, please be sure to indicate what meal plan you would like on the Housing Assignment Card.