Reunions 2018: Mostly Sunny and 100% Chance of Terrific
Members of the Class of 1968 show off their Half-Century Club medallions. What do 1812 (give or take) hellos from campus sound like? Colin O'Dowd '19 was a man on a mission during #Reunions18!! Steve Reynolds '93 speaks during the Alex 25 talks. J. Christopher Wilkinson '68 reads the Half-Century Annalist's Letter during the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association in the Chapel. Video: Christopher Wilkinson '68 delivers the Half-Century Annalist's Letter Video: David Wippman presents the State of the College Address during the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association. Joy Simon and Bruce Simon '91 accept the Bell Ringer Award on behalf of the late Professor Bob Simon during the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association in the Chapel. Video: Joy Simon and Bruce Simon '91 accept the Bell Ringer Award on behalf of the late Professor Bob Simon. Professor Rick Werner is greeted by former students during the Philosophy Reunion Reception. Hamilton College's Class of 1963 celebrated their 50th reunion. Michael Berkowitz '68 speaks during an Alumni College titled "1968: History and Memory." Alumni and faculty meet outside Kirner-Johnson for the annual Reunions bike ride. Amy Soenksen '13, Lyman Munschauer ’13, Alex Powers '13 and Liz Amster '13 discuss their experiences in the fields of Government and Politics. Alumni Association President Gordon Kaye, left, and Dennis Murphy pose with the Alumni Association's Distinguished Service Award presented to Murphy Alumni in the Reunion parade. Alumni catch up with one another during the parade. Aisle Allmann McGann and Albert McGann share a laugh with old friends.
Perfect weather, multiple well-orchestrated events, and many opportunities to re-connect with old friends combined to provide a memorable Reunion Weekend.
- Athletic equipment manager Dennis Murphy received the Alumni Association's Distinguished Service Award during a Friday luncheon.
- In Alumni Colleges, members of the classes of 1978 and 1983 spoke about how they got involved in volunteering. John Brennan ’78 said “I grew up with parents who volunteered, it was just part of the deal. It (volunteering) has contributed to my life in many ways.” Alyson Lee ’83 added, “You can make an impact by being your own little self.”
- In Alex talks, members of the Class of ’93 spoke on their areas of expertise. Broadway producer Rachel Weinstein, associate producer of Tony Award-winning Dear Evan Hansen, said “Hamilton taught us to take risks, it was a place to learn to take chances.”
- Chris Wilkinson ’68 delivered the half-century annalist letter and President David Wippman addressed the assembly at the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association on Saturday morning.
- The Bell Ringer Award was presented posthumously to Robert Simon, the Walcott-Bartlett Professor of Philosophy Emeritus, who died on May 31. His wife Joy and son Bruce Simon ’91 accepted the award.
- The Reunion parade gathered hundreds of participants and spectators under sunny skies, culminating with the all-Alumni picnic.