Women's tennis wraps up fall with another 9-0 win
The Hamilton College women’s tennis team wrapped up the fall portion of its season with a 9-0 win at SUNY Cortland (5-5 overall) on Wednesday afternoon. The Continentals (3-0) won all three of their dual matches this fall by shutout.
Samantha Weeks ’19 remained unbeaten in singles play, picking up her sixth win of the season by topping her fourth singles opponent.
Five Continentals were double winners, led by Lindsay Jadow ‘19, who was a 6-0, 6-0 victor in her fifth singles match. She’s now 5-1 on the season. Jadow and Jane Haffer ’19 improved to 3-0 in dual matches (5-3 overall) with an 8-2 victory at the first doubles spot.
Haffer, Jane Bary ’19 and Isabella Schoning ’16 each raised their singles records to a team-best 6-2. Haffer dropped just three games to win at number one, Bary won 6-2, 6-1 at third singles and Schoning cruised to victory at the second singles position. Schoning is in fourth place on the program's career singles wins list with 45 and is tied for seventh with 35 doubles victories.
The doubles pairing of Schoning and Bary improved to 5-1, winning at number two. Emily Chan ’16 and Claudia Morse ’19 rounded out the winning doubles teams, posting an 8-3 win at the third spot. Chan lost just one game to win at sixth singles in her first dual match.
October 7, 2015; Cortland, N.Y.
HAMILTON 9, Cortland 0
1) Lindsay Jadow/Jane Haffer (HAM) def. Mia Hayes/Nikaylah Williams, 8-2
2) Isabella Schoning/Jane Bary (HAM) def. Katie Fineman/Cait O'Rourke, 8-1
3) Claudia Morse/Emily Chan (HAM) def. Michelle Coffey/Daria Bystry, 8-3
1) Jane Haffer (HAM) def. Mia Hayes, 6-2, 6-1
2) Isabella Schoning (HAM) def. Nikaylah Williams, 6-4, 6-1
3) Jane Bary (HAM) def. Katie Fineman, 6-0, 6-1
4) Samantha Weeks (HAM) def. Cait O'Rourke, 6-2, 6-0
5) Lindsay Jadow (HAM) def. Michelle Coffey, 6-0, 6-0
6) Emily Chan (HAM) def. Daria Bystry, 6-1, 6-0