Resources, Links, and Maps
- Groomed cross country trails on campus
- - follow on Instagram #hamiltonnordicgrooming
- Adirondack Mountain Club has High Peaks resources
- Outdoored.com is the single best site for outdoor jobs, articles, news and useful stuff
- The Association for Experiential Education is the biggest and best organization representing outdoor education in the US. The website has lots of jobs posted too.
- Northeast Paddlers Message Board is just what it says. Lots of nice people talk about whitewater, flatwater, trips and boats...
- The DEC has an interactive map that shows where all their campsites, lean-tos and boat launches are in the state.
- American Whitewater is a river stewardship group, dedicated to promoting open access and safety on US whitewater rivers. River descriptions and flow levels here too.
- Canadian Canoe Routes has some great stories and general canoeing information
- North Eastern Ice has conditions, descriptions and articles on ice climbing in, guess where, the Northeast
- Barkeater Trail Alliance does trail work for mountain bikers and backcountry skiers in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks
- Keene weather
- How to buy and fit boots (according to NOLS, as seen on Youtube)
- SOLO Wilderness Medicine. Check here for Wilderness First Aid, Responder, WEMT and other classes
- Wilderness Medical Associates. WMA and SOLO are the East Coast choices for wilderness medicine
- Wilderness Medical Institute of NOLS. More west coast based, but good anywhere.