Copy Jobs: Minimum lead time of most jobs is 24 hours. Any jobs that require extra time such as typesetting, design or copy clean-up, folding, booklet making, course packets that require binding, or any large documents should be submitted at least one week before due date, especially during peak work periods such as the start or end of the semester.
It’s easy – just fill out a Service Request Form, bring in your copy and pick out your paper. That's it! The form is available online, at the Print Shop or from your office assistant.
You can email your files to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include all necessary information – number of originals, quantity requested, color and size of paper, one or two-sided, finishing (folding, stapling, etc.). Be sure to include your account number (a filled out form).
Print Shop Drop Box Instructions
For large files: you can use the “Print Shop Dropbox” on the ESS server (employees only, on campus only).
- Mac users: connect to the ESS server using your account and connect to "Campus" share and find the Print Shop Dropbox to drop off your file
- PC users: go to the “P drive" under "My Computer" and scroll down to the "Print Shop Drop Box" to drop off your file. Individual students do not have access to the drop box. Note: Because the server is Windows, all files must have an extension on the name. (Example: InDesign files must have .indd).
- Note: All files must have an extension on the name. (Example: InDesign files must have .indd). If you place a file in the Print Shop Dropbox, call x4626, or email email@example.com and let us know the file is in there. Students do not have access to the dropbox.
How Do I Ensure Good Quality Prints?
- Good black copy, on white stock is preferable.
- One-sided copy is preferable.
- Signatures, initials, etc. should be in black ballpoint pen (not felt tip).
- Clean copy, no scotch tape over image area.
- Use white out to clean up all dirty areas.
- All originals must be the same size.
- When reordering a job, send us the originals.
- All pages must be in proper order and facing the same direction.
- Send a sample of the job when possible.
All jobs submitted to the Print Shop must include a Print Shop Service Request Form (PDF). Once the order is completed, a copy of this form is sent back to the person placing the order and includes the total amount to be charged.
Applicable Print Shop charges are billed monthly via a data import to the general ledger. Departmental charges are summarized each month from the Print Shop Service Request Forms and appear as a single charge amount. Included in the monthly billing summary are charges for any supplies and orders that are “billable”. These include items like letterhead, envelopes, name badges, address labels and orders funded by grants.
Documentation of all monthly charges, including copies of the Print Shop Service Request Form are kept on file in the Print Shop for two years. If you have any questions about print shop charges, please contact Yvonne Schick, x4627.