The Senior Program
The Senior Program is a culminating experience in which senior music majors integrate and build on their first three years of study through a one-semester, in-depth study of a topic with a faculty advisor. The Honors Senior Project, open by invitation only, is a two-semester creative and intellectual effort carried out under the close supervision of at least one faculty member. These honors projects may be either performance- or research-based.
Recent projects in music include:
- "Traveler of the Sun: A Suite" (composition)
- Music and relationships in stage and screen "Phantom of the Opera" adaptations
- An analysis of the film music of Alfred and Thomas Newman
- Creating modern performing editions from Renaissance manuscripts
- Senior recitals in voice, piano and composition