Here is how it works:
When you attend a core FYE program, you will receive two “FYE points”
- You also can earn additional FYE points (in most cases, one FYE point) by attending events that are designated as “FYE eligible.” These events can be found by searching "first-year experience" on the Hamilton events calendar.
- As you attend events, sign in, and earn points, you'll also earn prizes!
- 6 points = $5 Fojo Beans gift certificate
- 12 points = $10 campus bookstore gift certificate
- 20 points = $15 gift certificate to Target
- 25 points = $20 Fandango gift card
- Follow us on Instagram for more prizes, giveaways, and incentives!
- Bonus: we’ll do random giveaways at some of our events, so be sure to sign-in to be entered to win!
FYE Eligible Events
In order to encourage first-year attendance at College events, members of the Hamilton community may designate programs as “FYE eligible.” Students attending these events will receive “FYE points” that will count towards the prizes and incentives listed above. Examples of events are leadership initiatives, academic lectures, visual and performing arts events, Career Center programs, Days-Massolo Center workshops, and athletic/intramural events.
To be declared FYE eligible, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- Open to all first-year students (events may also be open to other students)
- Free of charge
- Encourages positive involvement in the campus community
- Held on campus
For an event to be considered for inclusion in the FYE Competition, the event organizer must email Tessa Chefalo, Assistant Dean of Students for Student Engagement at least two weeks in advance. In most cases, the organizer will be notified within 48 hours whether the event is FYE eligible. The event organizer must agree to place a sign-in sheet in an easily accessible location at the event and return it to Tessa Chefalo via email or drop it in campus mail within 48 hours.