Administrative Job Opportunities
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Associate Controller, works closely with other Business Office Staff along with the Campus Community to insure that transactions are recorded properly, timely and accurately. Areas of responsibility include grants and cash reporting.
- Analysis and preparation of federal and private grant reports
- Analysis and reconciliation of related grant general ledger accounts
- Monthly calculation and posting of fringe benefits and indirect costs
- Drawdown of federal funds, and maintenance of an online grants tool
- Analysis and preparation of the daily cash report
- Process daily cash deposit
- Reconciliation of petty cash
- Analysis and reconciliation of credit card activity and other cash receipts using on line credit card processing software
- Prepare quarterly sales tax filings
- Maintain the faculty mortgage schedule, monthly entries and year end tax reporting for interest received
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules and various other year end analysis
- Other special projects as needed
Bachelor’s degree in accounting plus two years experience in the accounting field. Additional experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting degree may be considered. Experience in a complex not for profit environment desired. Public accounting experience a plus. Proficiency with spreadsheet applications and desktop software required. Familiarity with Datatel software and processing a plus.
Candidate should exhibit strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, a strong customer service orientation and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships among many different campus constituencies. Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Candidate must possess a positive attitude, be team oriented, quality driven and of the highest integrity.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 03/21/2014