Life in the Mohawk Valley
Hamilton College is located in Clinton, N.Y., pop. 1,700, and features several eateries and shops (many locally owned!), and one of the best farmers markets in the area. Additional shopping, dining, cultural experiences, and recreational opportunities are just 10-15 minutes away, and the Adirondack Park is a favorite destination for hiking, skiing, camping, and other outdoor activities.
While Hamilton does not own or operate a child care center, it provides for the Clinton Early Learning Center, a not-for-profit organization that is run independently of the College. The Center accepts children from the ages of 18 months through five years. The Center is located in Clinton Elementary School on Chenango Avenue in Clinton. For details call the Center at 315-557-2340 or 315-557-2341, or visit https://clintonelc.com.
- Clinton Central Schools
- New Hartford Central Schools
- Westmoreland Central Schools
- New York Mills Union Free School
- Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Schools
- Sauquoit Valley Central Schools
- Waterville Central Schools
- Whitesboro Central Schools
- Oriskany Central Schools
- Notre Dame Schools (Utica)
- Utica Academy
- Utica City Schools
- Rome City Schools
- New York State School for the Deaf (Rome)
- Oneida City Schools
Visit greatschools.org for additional information.
Clinton is located 45 minutes east of Syracuse, one hour from the Adirondack Park to the northeast, 90 minutes west of Albany, three hours from Niagara Falls, and four hours from Boston or New York City.
In addition to local taxi services, local and regional transportation options include:
- A local bus service (Centro) with a stop on campus
- A Greyhound bus station in Utica
- An Amtrak train station in Utica
- Syracuse-Hancock International Airport (SYR), less than an hour away
- Albany International Airport (ALB), about 90 minutes away
Hamilton has a vibrant spiritual life community. The students and staff of the chaplaincy invite everyone from various viewpoints and inherited religious traditions and spiritual practices to deepen their sense of the meaning and purpose we discern for our lives as individuals, members of this community, and engaged citizens of our world.
Employment Resources for Spouses and Partners
Dual-career employment is a national issue and one that Hamilton continues to address as we endeavor to recruit and retain a talented and dedicated faculty and staff.
Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
Hamilton is a member of the Upstate New York Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). Its website contains free resources and a listing of faculty and staff positions at nearby colleges and universities.
M3 Placement & Partnership
M3 Placement & Partnership (315-624-2210) provides support for relocating families at no cost to Hamilton employees and their families. The firm concentrates and specializes in many aspects of central New York.
Regional Faculty Openings
- Hamilton College
- Colgate University
- Utica University
- Mohawk Valley Community College
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- SUNY Morrisville
- Herkimer County Community College
- LeMoyne College
- Syracuse University
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Onondaga Community College
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- SUNY Cobleskill
- Cayuga Community College