The mission of the Hamilton College Staff Assembly is to promote, strengthen and facilitate a sense of community and mutual respect.
The Staff Assembly will strive to fulfill and communicate Hamilton’s institutional priorities and goals by:
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the President and senior staff.
- Increasing the sense of identity, recognition, and value of each staff member in his/her relationship to the College.
- Identifying concerns relating to staff and working to seek solutions.
- Promoting the development of policies aimed at retaining current staff members and including new staff members.
- Integrating staff more fully into College affairs while fostering a culture of mutual support, respect and professionalism.
Hamilton College staff includes all personnel, excluding faculty. Staff personnel are identified as those employees who work full time, part time, or in a temporary capacity. Students employed by the College are not considered staff.
The Staff Assembly is not a labor organization and its purpose is not to negotiate grievances, labor disputes, wages, hours of employment or conditions of work.