Administrative Job Opportunities
We’re looking for an experienced storyteller who writes persuasively, edits carefully, thinks creatively, works collaboratively and wants to join a team of talented communications professionals who believe in the mission and purpose of one of the nation’s top liberal arts colleges.
The successful candidate will be the lead writer for many of the College’s strategic communications. He/She will serve as a principal writer for the Hamilton website, contribute to the Hamilton Alumni Review and provide copy for other College communications. The College Writer will generate new content and refresh existing content while working with colleagues in the Communications Office to help shape messaging and new initiatives that advance College priorities. This is a full-time, 12-month position with excellent benefits. Please click below to see a full job description and qualifications.
Located in Clinton, N.Y., Hamilton College is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Hamilton was chartered in 1812 and is today composed of 1,820 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Please see complete Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree and five years in a professional work environment where writing, editing and proofreading were a primary responsibility of the position
- Ability to translate College messages into creative concepts
- Extremely strong writing, editing and journalistic skills, particularly in preparing feature and promotional material
- Proven skills in identifying a good story, conducting interviews and generating compelling copy
- Ability to create content for different media and to tailor copy accordingly
- Extraordinary attention to detail and commitment to creative solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and confidence to accommodate evolving priorities
- Knowledge of AP style preferred
- Strong familiarity and understanding of the issues affecting higher education in general and residential liberal arts colleges in particular
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 03/08/2013