Administrative Job Opportunities
Director for Off-Campus Study
Hamilton study abroad programs have been in existence for over 50 years. The search for a Director of Off-Campus Study is taking place in Hamilton’s current conversation to review broadly its model of Off-Campus Study and to strengthen its vision.
The position of Director of Off-Campus Studies offers an exciting opportunity for an energetic, innovative professional who possesses a deep knowledge and vision of higher education in international studies and a commitment to the liberal arts. The Director will play a key role in promoting Hamilton student participation in a wide range of academically rigorous opportunities for international and domestic study offered through Hamilton College and other study abroad providers. An experienced study abroad professional, the Director will be responsible for
- developing Hamilton’s mission as it relates to global study
- overseeing advising for students
- working with Hamilton faculty involved with education abroad programs
- developing a variety of protocols including risk management and recruiting
The Director's main responsibilities are three-fold:
Hamilton's Mission for Off-Campus Study
- Develop and implement a long-term vision and strategic plan for strengthening the curricular integration of off-campus study in the College’s Purposes and Goals.
- Help promote Hamilton programs on and off campus.
Coordination of Off-Campus Programs
- Develop standardized policies and protocols to be coordinated with Hamilton and non-Hamilton programs
- Foster professional development, promotion and continuity for Hamilton programs.
- Serve as liaison with Human Resources Office for supervision of study abroad coordinators.
- Chair the Committee of Off-Campus Study
- Evaluate and monitor the pool of non-Hamilton program options
- Supervise advising of students in non-Hamilton programs
- Promote professional development of staff and coordinators involved in off-campus study
- Work closely with the Committee on Academic Standing and Dean of Students office to uphold and administer academic regulations
- Prepare and coordinate study abroad informational meetings and materials (including pre- and post-departure orientation and emergency procedures) for all programs
- Oversee Off-Campus Study’s office operations
Re-evaluation of the nature of the position will occur after 2 years, thus responsibilities may change as the position evolves.
- Ph.D. in International Education preferred with at least 5 years of experience in study abroad capacities. Master’s degree with compensatory years of experience in the field may be considered.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, technical, and oral and written communication skills essential
- Creativity and initiative highly desirable
The successful candidate must have the ability to work with faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 09/20/2013