Call 315-859-4340 and press option 2 to speak with a counselor 24/7/365
If you want off-campus help, call 1-800-273-TALK or text “START” to 741-741
Are you on campus over the summer and looking for care? We have information below about how to find the help you need, along with links to resources you can access during the summer.
Need to relax and take care of yourself?
If you’re looking for relaxation, try the Calm App- which is free using your Hamilton email address. We also have a curated list of other apps and resources. And since you’re in Clinton for the summer, please walk downtown and visit The Cremeria or Utica Coffee or The Compound for good treats and company. The shop owners are friendly- chat them up!
Looking for someone to talk with?
We encourage you to reach out to friends and family, as well as employees of the College who are on campus this summer. We are here for you. Take a look at our list of Care Contacts for staff in Student Life who you might reach out to for support.
Looking for therapy?
Over the summer you have access to therapists through several resources. If you’re looking for therapy, try these steps:
1. See our guide to finding a therapist and using your insurance.
2. Use the search tool psychologytoday.com to search for local therapists. You can search by location and insurance. If you’re unfamiliar with using your insurance, we have a guide that can help. You can also check out this external guide on how to navigate insurance.
3. Take a look at our partner BetterMynd to search for therapists as well. BetterMynd has a network of therapists in NY State who are here to help and who accept different insurance plans.
4. If you're looking for psychiatric care and have insurance through Hamilton, you may be able to find care using MVP's MyVisitNow.
5. If you’ve explored using your insurance and cannot use it or your insurance doesn’t cover NY State, please reach out to the Director of the Counseling Center, David Walden at email@example.com to discuss options!