Call 315-859-4340 and press option 2 to speak with a counselor 24/7/365
If you want off-campus help, call 1-800-273-TALK or text “START” to 741-741
- "David Walden is an exceptional counselor and human being. He made me feel so supported, listened to, and encouraged to tell my story. Without him, I’m not sure where I would be right now. I feel so grateful for his listening ears, big heart and open arms."
- "David is warm, empathetic, and validating. He was also very helpful to me in that he was unafraid to challenge me and get at the heart of why I felt the way I felt."
- "I purposely scheduled appointments with Rebecca in the mornings so that her positive energy would set the tone for my day. I’d walk out of her office feeling like an emotional weight had temporarily been lifted off my shoulders. I encourage anyone struggling with mental illness, or just in need of someone to talk to, to seek out therapy in the wellness center."
- "Rebecca challenges me to find my own solutions, which has allowed me to become a more confident and grounded person outside of our sessions. When I’m really stressed, I think to myself “what would Rebecca say?” And that immediately puts me on a track to be more thoughtful, present, and empathetic."
- "Hama made me feel safe and comfortable, and he was great at understanding my problems and actively helping me form strategies to deal with them."
- "Hama is an excellent listener and a thoughtful, approachable person. He’s funny and kind and good at cultivating a comfortable relationship that allowed me to spend our meeting time constructively."
- "Katelynn is absolutely incredible and I do not hesitate to say that she is changing my life. She always knows just how to level with me, when to laugh and when to show emotion herself. She has such a comforting presence and I have never once felt afraid to tell her anything, even though this is my first experience with therapy."
- "I appreciated that Kate expressed genuine care and concern whenever I talked to her about anything. I also appreciated that Kate always suggested concrete steps I could take to address the issues we talked about."
- "Lela is great and is so passionate about what she does. Love her!"
- "Lela was also a great dietitian, she was very kind and gave me so many resources."
- "My peer counselor was very understanding, took me seriously, and allowed me to express a lot of things that needed saying without any fear of judgement. I was glowing when I walked out of there. Thank you; thank you Hamilton College for this resource."
- "It was easily accessible. I got an appointment that same day, at a time when I really needed it."
- "The best thing about the service is the easiness of making an appointment and allowing myself to tell everything to a trained peer, knowing it will be kept confidential. My peer counselor also pushed me to know myself and what has worked for me."