Summer Program Details
Saturday, June 29th – Saturday, August 3rd, 2024
- Make transportation arrangements when advised by Opportunity Program staff.
- Complete questionnaire when uploaded-
- Review this page to see what to bring and what to leave at home
- Submit the following documentation prior to arrival:
- Copy of medical insurance card
- Submit medical records
- Log into the student portal to submit all medical information prior to your arrival on campus.
Transportation To and From Campus
If Traveling by Train, Bus and Airline
Transportation will only be provided to and from the Utica NY train/ Greyhound bus station and Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Arrivals to the program: must be on Friday, June 28th for students flying in from long distances and Saturday, June 29th for students arriving by train, bus or car.
Notify the Opportunity Programs office of your travel plans so that we can coordinate pick up at Airport and Train/ Bus station.
Things to Bring
- Two sets of extra long sheets (80" in length - non-fitted sheets are best), pillow, pillowcases and a spread or blanket
- Hand towels and small bathroom rug, cloth or mesh laundry bag
- Athletic, but comfortable bathing suit
- Raingear,rain boots, umbrella and rain boots, clothes and sneakers for outdoor activities
- Hangers for clothes
- Wrist watch or alarm clock (not on your phone)
- Gym clothes, sweatshirt, sneakers and flip-flops
- Extra pair of eyeglasses in case of accident, or prescription as an alternative
- Laptop -if you have one
- Your original Green Card, if applicable, must be with you
Dress Clothing for Special Events: (Required)
Semi-formal dress required. If you have questions or concerns, please contact office staff.
- YES: nice dress, dress shoes that you can walk in, dress slacks, suit jacket, shirt and tie, round collar shirt, belt
- NO: sneakers, flip flops, casual or cargo pants, rompers or leggings
- Please note: Barber shop or beauty salon services are not available during the summer
Things to Leave at Home
- Automobiles: no private automobiles are authorized during the summer or the academic year for first-year students.