summer program details
- Make transportation arrangements when advised by Opportunity Program staff. Do not make arrangements before dates are confirmed by Mrs. Davis(see below)
- Complete Summer Program questionnaire
- Review this page to see what to bring and what to leave at home
- Submit the following documentation prior to arrival:
- Copy of medical insurance card
- Submit medical records
- Log into the student portal to submit all medical information prior to your arrival on campus.
Transportation to and from Campus:
If Traveling by Train, Bus and Airline
Transportation will only be provided to and from the Utica NY train/ Greyhound bus station and Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Arrivals to the program: must be on Saturday, July 10
- Testing will be done upon arrival
Notify the Opportunity Programs office of your travel plans so that we can coordinate pick up at Airport and Train station.
Things to bring
- Two sets of extra long sheets (80" in length - non-fitted sheets are best), pillow, pillowcases and a spread or blanket
- Hand towels and small bathroom rug, cloth or mesh laundry bag
- Athletic, but comfortable bathing suit
- Raingear,rain boots, umbrella and rain boots, clothes and sneakers for outdoor activities
- Hangers for clothes
- Wrist watch or alarm clock (not on your phone)
- Gym clothes, sweatshirt, sneakers and flip-flops
- Extra pair of eyeglasses in case of accident, or prescription as an alternative
- Laptop - you will be using your own laptop instead of computer labs
- Your original Green Card, if applicable, must be with you
Dress Clothing for Special Events: (Required)
Semi-formal dress required. If you have questions or concerns, please contact office staff.
- YES: nice dress, dress shoes that you can walk in, dress slacks, suit jacket, shirt and tie, round collar shirt, belt
- NO: sneakers, flip flops, casual or cargo pants, rompers or leggings
- Please note: Barber shop or beauty salon services are not available during the summer
Things to leave at home
- Automobiles: no private automobiles are authorized during the summer or the academic year for first-year students.