summer program details
Enrollment for Hamilton College Opportunity Program students only
- Make transportation arrangements (see below)
- Complete Summer Program questionnaire
- Review this page to see what to bring and what to leave at home
- Submit the following documentation prior to arrival:
- Copy of medical insurance card
- Signed copy of parent 2016 U.S. Federal tax form 1040
- Signed copy of parent 2016 New York State tax form (NYS residents only)
- Submit medical records
- Log into the student portal to submit all medical information prior to your arrival on campus.
Transportation to and from Campus:
If Traveling by Train, Bus and Airline
Transportation will only be provided to and from the Utica NY train/ Greyhound bus station and Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Arrivals to the program: must be between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 1.
- Airline departures: must be after 7 p.m. for Friday, August 3 or on the morning of Saturday, August 4 from Syracuse Hancock Airport, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Train or bus departures: must be after 6 p.m. for Friday, August 3 or on the morning of Saturday, August 4 from the Utica NY train/Greyhound bus station.
Notify the Opportunity Programs office of your travel plans so that we can coordinate pick up at Airport and Train station.
Things to bring
- Two sets of extra long sheets (80" in length - non-fitted sheets are best), pillow, pillowcases and a spread or blanket
- Hand towels and small bathroom rug, cloth or mesh laundry bag
- Athletic, but comfortable bathing suit
- Raingear,rain boots, umbrella and rain boots, clothes and sneakers for outdoor activities
- Hangers for clothes
- Wrist watch or alarm clock (not on your phone)
- Gym clothes, sweatshirt, sneakers and flip-flops
- Extra pair of eyeglasses in case of accident, or prescription as an alternative
- Your original Green Card, if applicable, must be with you
Dress Clothing for Two Special Events: (theater and fine dining ) (Required)
Semi-formal dress required. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Breland.
- YES: nice dress, dress shoes that you can walk in, dress slacks, suit jacket,shirt and tie, round collar shirt, belt
- NO: sneakers, flip flops, casual or cargo pants, rompers or leggings
- Please note: Barber shop or beauty saloon services are not available during the summer
Things to leave at home
There is only limited storage available for students traveling over 500 miles one way to campus. Please do not bring anything for the academic year.
- Automobiles: no private automobiles are authorized during the summer or the academic year for first-year students.
- Computers, laptops, Kindles, iPads, etc., TVs, refrigerators and microwaves are not authorized during the summer.
Cell Phone Policy
Students may bring a cell phone, but will check it upon arrival. Cell phones will be returned to students each weekend. Students will have the ability to call home if necessary.