Scroll through the blog posts and stories below to learn more about Hamilton student and alumni experiences in this industry, and then use our career resources such as Facts on File and O*Net to learn more. Finally, meet with your career advisor and explore the Career Center curriculum to learn how to network with alumni to discuss your interests and learn more about their work.
Tips for Getting an Internship
- Attend discovery team workshops. As a Hamilton student, you can attend a series of workshops related to applications and internships. Communicate 101, 201, and 301, as well as Connect 101 are great starting points.
- Connect. As a Hamilton student, you already have automatic access to the Hamilton alumni directory, My Hamilton Connect. To boost your networking skills even further, attend the Explore 201 workshop with the discovery team. From there, reach out to Hamilton alumni in fields you’re interested in. Alumni are often happy to connect and have a conversation with students. You’ll gain a great connection and learn more about what life after Hamilton looks like. This is a great step towards developing relationships and learning more about jobs.
- Apply. Once you feel ready, apply to a bunch of internships. It’s good to spread a wide net because many internships are competitive and you want to have options. Make sure to take the time to review your resume and make it applicable to the internship.
- Prepare. If you have upcoming interviews make sure to prepare thoroughly. Write out potential questions and research the company to know what your role might be. Know how to market yourself!
Summer Internship Opportunities
Summer may seem far off, but it is never too early to start thinking about internship opportunities. The earlier you research and secure a position, the better you will feel going into the spring semester. Luckily for you, Handshake allows its users to find opportunities tailored by industry, preferred major, graduation year, and even specific employer! Below are a few internships on Handshake that are specific to business:
- Conagra Brands Internships
- Meet potential employers! Coming to Handshake on October 21, registration opens for the Jobs and Internship Fair for Business & Consulting Opportunities.
FEATURED BLOG POST
Lauren Sokol graduated from Hamilton College in 2012 with a concentration in English with a minor in art history. On-campus, she was a member of the women’s lacrosse teams and the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. Prior to becoming a senior brand manager at The Ironman Group, Lauren first received MBA from the University of Oregon and then worked in marketing at various sports and health and wellness brands.
Read lauren'S Advice
Leigh ’20 Scores with Baseball Sales Internship