Explore Career Options
Exploring careers can be done in these four progressively more involved ways:
- Reading and researching careers online and in print
- Talking to professionals in fields of interest
- Watching people in their place of work through shadowing
- Doing: internships, volunteering, jobs, and on-campus activities
The following websites give summaries and details about specific careers and how they connect with your skills and interests. This includes working conditions, training and advancement, earnings and benefits, and employment outlook.
- What Can I Do With a Major In...
- CareerBeam can help you reflect on different aspects of your personality and skills through a range of assessments. We recommend starting with the Quick Profile for some immediate feedback.
- Facts On File If off-campus, username = hccc password = bristol
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Health Careers
- Vault students can access and download invaluable industry and employer guides.
- Spotlight on Careers username = spotlightkey; password = lacn18
Get Engaged on Campus
- One of the most important things you can do your first year is explore extracurricular activities and pursue academic interests.
- Do your best in classes, get to know your professors and classmates and take care of yourself.
- Extracurricular activities allow you to explore your interests and develop leadership skills. Find clubs and organizations that you might be interested in and attend a meeting.