Using iService Desk

For all non-emergency maintenance and repair requests and service requests
Submit a work request at the TMA iServiceDesk homepage after reviewing these guidelines.

Submit Work Request Emergency Maintenance

  • First, select the fields from the dropdown menus, in the following order: select the facility, then the building, then the room/area of the work to be performed. (It won’t save if not entered in this order.) 
  • Once you use iServiceDesk, your name, email and phone will remain in those fields (unless you clear the computer’s cache). 
  • For all requests, please describe in detail, the maintenance or service support needs for that location. 
  • If the iServiceDesk “area” descriptions are incorrect or missing, please include a note in your request so that Facilities can update the database (i.e. if you select Room 100 and it defines it as a bedroom when really it is a common room). 
  • You must be a college CA, faculty or employee and have a valid Hamilton College email address to submit a request. Students must report all residential maintenance, repair, and service requests to their CA’s. 
  • By submitting a work request for a space, you authorize the Facilities Management technician and/or manager to enter (unless otherwise indicated that the occupant would like to be present). If the occupant is to be present, include their full name, college email, and telephone number in the description of your request. If the occupant would like two technicians to respond instead of only one technician, please note that in the text of your work request. Facilities Management staff will not enter student residential rooms before 9:30 a.m. or after 3:30 p.m. unless for emergencies or scheduled appointments. 
  • When requesting maintenance or service to specialized department-owned equipment and/or assigned spaces please provide an account number. 

Tips & Reminders

All events must be submitted in 25Live. Please use the Requirements section on the Event Wizard to choose the services that apply to your event. Please check the box and indicate in the comments section what you will need for the event. Keep in mind that there are charges for event set-ups from Facilities, so your request will not be processed without an account number. 

The requests you make in 25Live for Facilities will be sent directly to the appropriate person so you do not need to call or email them or enter a work order. To make any changes to a Facilities request please email collegeevents@hamilton.edu and workcntrl@hamilton.edu. Please put the Reference ID number of your 25Live request and the date of the event in the subject line of your email. 

Remember to give service providers some lead time to plan for supporting your event. Scheduling is done in advance, and they may not be able to accommodate your request if it is last minute, a good rule of thumb is at least 2 weeks’ notice. 

Facilities will assist with planned service-related tasks to departments and auxiliaries, such as: 

  • Moving / delivering / removing office items. 
  • Installing/ modifying / servicing departmental furnishings and specialized equipment (includes furniture, bookshelves, pictures/plaques, nameplates, etc.). 
  • Service requests will often require varying degrees of scheduling/planning, and will typically utilize account lines provided by the requesting department/organization. 
  • From the dropdown menus, select the location (facility > building > area). Provide the account line for any material/labor costs. In the notes, specify the services to be scheduled and any required completion dates. 

Facilities does not keep a “lost and found” nor do we store items including abandoned or illegally-placed bicycles; these items are reported and delivered to Campus Safety.

Multiple tasks needed in one location can be noted on one work request; a Facilities Rep will route the resulting work order(s) to the appropriate department.

Facilities cannot remove furniture assigned to student residential spaces, and students cannot relocate furniture within suites/corridors/buildings/etc. Any assigned items missing from their location, from furniture to recycling bins, will be considered missing inventory and will be reported to the Office of Community Living so replacement costs can be charged to the resident(s). Any items found outside of their assigned location will be removed by Facilities Management and reported as a student damage charge.

In residential halls, we clean general lounges, hallways, public restrooms, and trash and recycling rooms. Facilities Management does not clean in student bedrooms, private baths, kitchens, etc., for the duration of residency, except certain areas over college breaks as specified in the residential contract. CAs can directly contact building custodians for toilet paper for private bathrooms. Custodians can also directly assist with problems with the vacuum cleaner supplied to CAs, and with special requests for other items (brooms, dustpans, various cleaning supplies).


Contact Name

Facilities Management

Office Location
9 Miller Road

Help us provide an accessible education, offer innovative resources and programs, and foster intellectual exploration.

Site Search