SNAPSHOT: hamilton’s job shadowing program
The SnapShot virtual job shadowing program is designed for first-years, sophomores, and juniors who are early in their career exploration process. Alumni and parents are asked to volunteer as sponsors. "snapshots” will take place over winter break. Please check back and look out for our emails with details for winter break 2022.
Are you interested in sponsoring an opportunity? Please visit our sponsor page.
Purpose and goals
The purpose of the SnapShot virtual shadowing program is to assist you with career exploration and decision-making.
- self-awareness and self-confidence;
- a career field of interest and determine if it is a good fit;
- Career Center resources for exploring careers;
- networking skills and make professional connections; and
- business correspondence and communication etiquette.
What to Expect
Experiences vary widely but may include:
- observation of a meeting (with other staff, clients, board members, etc.);
- virtual tour of facilities
- meeting/speaking with a colleague in the same or a different department
- listening to phone conversation(s)
- observation of your sponsor in his/her workplace (virtually) as they engage in typical activities
- an opportunity to ask questions about your sponsor’s career field and/or position.
|Nov. 1 - 30||
1. Register on Handshake (link to come)
|Dec. 1 - 30||Students receive preliminary list of sponsors and sign-up period|
|Dec. 27 - Jan. 18||Students participate in shadowing program|
|Feb.||Students complete a brief post-program evaluation|