SNAPSHOT: hamilton’s job shadowing program
The SnapShot virtual job shadowing program is designed for first-year, sophomore, and junior students who are early in their career exploration process. Alumni and parents are asked to volunteer as sponsors. Since winter Break is extended this year, “snapshots” will take place virtually from January 4-January 29.
Purpose and goals
The purpose of the SnapShot virtual shadowing program is to assist you with career exploration and decision-making.
- self-awareness and self-confidence;
- a career field of interest and determine if it is a good fit;
- Career Center resources for exploring careers;
- networking skills and make professional connections; and
- business correspondence and communication etiquette.
What to Expect
Experiences vary widely but may include:
- observation of a meeting (with other staff, clients, board members, etc.);
- virtual tour of facilities
- meeting/speaking with a colleague in the same or a different department
- listening to phone conversation(s)
- observation of your sponsor in his/her workplace (virtually) as they engage in typical activities
- an opportunity to ask questions about your sponsor’s career field and/or position.
|Nov. 1 - 30|
|Dec 1 - 30||Students receive preliminary list of sponsors and sign-up period|
|Jan. 4 - 29||Students participate in shadowing program|
|Feb.||Students complete a brief post-program evaluation|