SNAPSHOT: Hamilton’s job shadowing program
The SnapShot job shadowing program is designed for first-years, sophomores, and juniors who are early in their career exploration process. Alumni and parents are asked to volunteer as sponsors. "snapshots” will take place over winter break. Please check back and look out for our emails with details for winter break 2022.
Are you interested in sponsoring an opportunity? Please visit our sponsor page.
Purpose and goals
The purpose of the SnapShot shadowing program is to assist you with career exploration and decision-making.
- self-awareness and self-confidence;
- a career field of interest and determine if it is a good fit;
- Career Center resources for exploring careers;
- networking skills and make professional connections; and
- business correspondence and communication etiquette.
What to Expect
Experiences vary widely but may include:
- observation of a meeting (with other staff, clients, board members, etc.);
- tour of facilities
- meeting/speaking with a colleague in the same or a different department
- listening to phone conversation(s)
- observation of your sponsor in his/her workplace as they engage in typical activities an opportunity to ask questions about your sponsor’s career field and/or position
Time Line 2022-23
|Nov. 5 - 30||
Students complete an orientation workshop. The workshop is required in order to get access to the shadowing portal:
*Links will be provided once students register for the virtual orientation workshop.
|Dec. 1 - 30||Students receive preliminary list of sponsors and sign-up period|
|Dec. 27 - Jan. 13||Students participate in shadowing program|
|Feb.||Students complete a brief post-program evaluation|