Spread the Word
Let them know that their gifts will directly support the student experience, academic and enrichment programs and Hamilton faculty and staff. Included below are materials to use leading up to and on October 7 for Hamilton 24/7.
Also, the advocate who generates the most number of gifts gets a swag bag with an assortment of premium items from the College Bookstore! All advocates will receive a Hamilton or Kirkland tumbler.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON GIVECAMPUS
Create an account on GiveCampus - Hamilton 24/7 or login using your Facebook account.
Don’t forget to use #GetScrolled and tag @hamiltoncollegealumni and @hamiltoncollege. We’ll repost your content throughout the day!
Make it your own! We encourage you to add your own personal touch in your postings about why you support Hamilton and Hamilton 24/7.
Hamilton 24/7 Day of Giving is today! A celebration of Fallcoming with prize giveaways throughout the day. I gave, did you? Make your gift and then spread the word in your network. #GetScrolled @HamiltonCollege @HamiltonCollegeAlumni www.hamilton.edu/give
Have you heard?! Hamilton 24/7 Day of Giving is today! There are exciting Fallcoming-themed prizes, so join me in supporting Hamilton! #GetScrolled @HamiltonCollege @HamiltonCollegeAlumni hamilton.edu/give
Calling all Hamilton alumni from the 80s (update with your decade here): join me in making a gift for Hamilton 24/7 and we could win an exclusive Fallcoming t-shirt in the alumni decade competition! #GetScrolled hamilton.edu/give
I am excited to share that today is Hamilton’s Day of Giving: Hamilton 24/7! It’s a Fallcoming-themed extravaganza designed to let you support the College while bringing fall traditions from the Hill directly to you. (Clinton Cider Mill cider doughnuts anyone?) Plus, alumni have a chance to win an exclusive Fallcoming t-shirt for the decade with the highest participation. Let’s go _0s!
Hamilton 24/7 is a 24-hour donor challenge that will bolster the resources needed to support Hamilton’s faculty and students. I hope you’ll join me in making a gift today and spreading the word about the day. You can find more information and make a gift at: GiveCampus- Hamilton 24/7.
Here’s how you can be a part of Hamilton 24/7 in just 2 steps!
- Make a gift: All gifts are important to meet our donor goal! Lead by example and support Hamilton by visiting the giving page and donating today. Make sure you’re logged in either by creating an account or logging in through Facebook.
- Spread the Word: Our volunteer toolkit has sample social media posts, emails, and text messages for you to be an advocate and encourage your extended Hamilton network to join you!
Time is almost running out to take advantage of the fall-themed prizes that are only available today! Join me in giving back to a community that invested in us. Then, spread the word with other members of your class, club, team, and extended Hamilton network. Help make this the most successful day yet to support Hamilton faculty and students.
Today is Hamilton 24/7 Day of Giving! Join me and give back to Hamilton. Then, spread the word with other members of your class, club, team, and Hamilton family. Your support helps Hamilton and unlocks Fallcoming-themed prizes! Help make this the most successful day yet at: [hamilton.edu/give]
Below are a few talking points for phone outreach. Share your story on why you give back and encourage them to support Hamilton on this special day.
- Gifts made on Hamilton 24/7 count for more than any other day in 2021, because this is a grassroots effort to increase awareness of Hamilton and to build donor support.
- Gifts can be made online at www.hamilton.edu/give or by calling 866-729-0315
- Encourage them to increase their gift over last year.
- If they have never given before, encourage them to give at their “class level.” For example, a graduate of 2008 could give $20.08 or a graduate of 1975 might give $19.75 or $75. Their support helps class competitions.
- Thank them for their continued support — whether they give or not.
- If you believe your classmates would rather send a check than make a gift online or over the phone, please let the Advancement know, so we can send out a return envelope.
What is Hamilton 24/7 Day of Giving?
Hamilton 24/7 provides an opportunity for Hamilton alumni, parents, and friends to join forces for 24 hours to celebrate and support the school we all love. Join the celebration on Thursday, October 7 by making a gift in support of the Hamilton Fund. The day is rooted in Fallcoming & Family Weekend with an alumni decade competitions and fall-themed drawings. The goal for the day is 1,440 donors (the number of minutes in 24 hours).
Official Hashtag: #GetScrolled; Tag @hamiltoncollegealumni (IG only) and @hamiltoncollege in your posts!
I already made my gift this fiscal year (July 1, 2021-now). If I give on Hamilton 24/7 Day, do I count?
Absolutely. We are grateful for your earlier support this fiscal year and appreciate your additional support on October 7 to be a part of Hamilton 24/7.
If I make more than one gift on October 7, do I count more than once in our donor totals?
While we appreciate your enthusiasm, each individual only counts once in our donor totals! After you make your gift the next best thing you can do is spread the word.
How do I make my gift?
The easiest way to make your gift is through our Hamilton 24/7 Day of Giving page. You can use any of these methods:
- Credit card: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover
- Mobile pay system: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Venmo
Can I mail in my gift or make a gift of stock?
You must make a participatory (at least $5) online gift to be counted in our “live” totals. We realize that mail or stock might be the best option for you. If you mail in your Hamilton Fund gift, your support will still count toward the totals for the year. Please call 866-729-0315 with any questions.
What is my Hamilton 24/7 gift supporting?
Your gift will support The Annual Fund, which allows the college flexibility to address its most pressing needs.
Who counts in the donor totals?
Hamilton 24/7 is all about the collective Hamilton community. Alumni, parents, faculty, staff, friends, and even students (our future alumni!) are encouraged to join us and participate in this community-wide event.
Can community members outside of the U.S. make a gift?
Yes! We encourage everyone in our global community to join us. All supporters, no matter their location, will be able to submit their gift through GiveCampus - Hamilton 24/7. Please be sure that the zip code that you enter matches your credit card’s billing address.
Note: The prizes through the day are open only to legal residents of the U.S.
Is my giving day contribution Tax-Deductible?
Yes. Your gift will be entirely tax-deductible through GiveCampus - Hamilton 24/7. Donors will receive an email confirmation after submitting their donation, which serves as a receipt for tax purposes.
I want to help spread the word about Hamilton 24/7. How can I help?
Step 1: Create an account on GiveCampus - Hamilton 24/7 or login using your Facebook account.
Step 2: Make a gift on the day (October 7). Save your personal giving link, which will populate after you complete the giving form.
Step 3: Use the Advocate Toolkit and your personal giving link to spread the word and encourage your classmates, friends, and family to support Hamilton 24/7. Remember to use #GetScrolled when you share on Facebook and Instagram.
Step 4: Use GiveCampus to record your own personal plea (video message) and set up any challenges for your fellow Hamilton community members.
Step 5: Follow @HamiltonCollege on Facebook and Instagram and @HamiltonCollegeAlumni on Instagram for updates on and leading up to the day. Make sure to check back on GiveCampus - Hamilton 24/7 throughout the day and see how many clicks and gifts are being made through your personal link!
- Donors are automatically entered into all drawings after they make their gift. Chapel Bell members are automatically entered in all drawings. Alumni and parents may also enter without making a gift by registering at My Hamilton Connect.
- Participants are only eligible to win one drawing.
- The donor has the opportunity to participate in the current and future drawings on October 7, after the gift to the College has been made.
- Donors who win a drawing will be notified via email.
- Names of donors who win a drawing will be announced in email and on the give page, and may be used in social media that promotes the next drawing.
(prizes will be unveiled throughout the day– this is a special insider sneak peek!):
- Cider Mill cider donuts
- Hamilton/Kirkland blanket
- Clinton Pottery tea mugs (Hamilton blue/Kirkland green)
- Utica Coffee (pumpkin flavor)
- Athletics t-shirt/hoodie
- The Little Pub Drink tickets
- Hemstrought’s half-moons
- Custom a capella recording for voicemail or ringtone
- Hamilton branded scarf/umbrella
- Northstar farmer’s market basket
- Use of a personal golf cart for 2022 Reunion Weekend