2021 New Student Orientation runs from Tuesday, August 17 through Wednesday, August 25, 2021. Fall semester classes begin on Thursday, August 26. Orientation is required for all new fall admit students, and January Admission students have the option of participating in an orientation adventure trip.
Small Groups and Trips
Hamilton’s Orientation program is focused on connections with a small group of fellow new students and student leaders, and introductions to crucial campus resources. At this time, we are planning for a full orientation experience, to include our off-campus Orientation Adventure Trips.
- New students should plan to arrive on campus on Tuesday, August 17, 2021. Orientation check-in takes place between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m., and residence hall move-in continues through 3 p.m. on that date.
- Welcome programming for new students and families will take place throughout the day on August 17. Events include a picnic lunch, President and Deans’ Welcome remarks, a welcome reception, campus tours, and late afternoon parent & family sessions. Full schedule
- Parents and family members are welcome to stay to attend two parent sessions: a panel at 4 p.m. and a send-off reception at 5 p.m.
- January Admission students who are participating in an orientation adventure trip should plan to arrive at campus on Tuesday, August 17 and depart on Monday, August 23. There will be additional programming for Jans and their families on August 17 and 23.
- New students should continue to monitor their new hamilton.edu email accounts for details on arrival, move-in, trips, and more.