FYE is all about creating opportunities for first-year students to feel connected to Hamilton from the moment they arrive on campus.
Welcome to the Hamilton community! Here are links and resources to help you support your student as they transition to college.
Before Your Student Arrives on Campus
- See a timeline of key dates for first-year students.
- Sign up for a My Hamilton account
(Enables a parent to view bills and financial aid information, easily register for events on- and off-campus, and more ...)
- Have your student waive (or enroll in) student health insurance. The charge appears on your Hamilton College bill. If your son/daughter has coverage through another provider, a waiver must be completed to have the charge removed.
- Sign up for Electronic Billing
- Read about Student Privacy and Parent Expectations (FERPA)
- Familiarize yourself and your student with the Code of Conduct policies and procedures at Hamilton College.
- Arrival day for all new students is Tuesday, August 20, 2019. New students will move into their residence hall rooms on this date, and welcome and Orientation activities will begin. Check-in and residence hall move-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Parents and family members are invited to join their student at all orientation sessions between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on arrival day. Student-only required programs begin at 3 p.m., and students and their families are encouraged to say their goodbyes before 3 p.m. After goodbyes, parents and families are invited to attend two family sessions at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. See sessions highlighted in yellow on the full orientation schedule for more information.
- Parents and family members planning to stay overnight in the area are encouraged to book accommodations as soon as you know your travel plans. Visit our accommodations page for a listing of local hotels.
Please visit the orientation website for more information.