Welcome to the Hamilton community! Here are links and resources to help you support your student as they transition to college.
Before Your Student Arrives on Campus
- See a timeline of key dates for first-year students.
- Ensure your student is fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All enrolled students are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, and exemptions will only be granted for approved medical and religious reasons. Once fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after receiving either both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine), students should file their vaccination records on the Health Center student patient portal.
- Have your student waive (or enroll in) student health insurance. The charge appears on your Hamilton College bill. If your son/daughter has coverage through another provider, a waiver must be completed to have the charge removed.
- Sign up for Electronic Billing
- Read about Student Privacy and Parent Expectations (FERPA)
- Familiarize yourself and your student with the Code of Conduct policies and procedures at Hamilton College.
- Orientation is scheduled to begin Tuesday, August 16, and run through Wednesday, August 24, 2022.
- Parents and family members planning to stay overnight in the area are encouraged to book accommodations as soon as you know your travel plans. Visit our accommodations page for a listing of local hotels.
Please visit the orientation website for more information.