Goals of the Program
- To ensure a positive transition to college life by meeting fun and friendly people and making new friends in a small group setting.
- To learn more about yourself by helping others.
- To learn more about the greater urban and/or rural communities surrounding Hamilton.
- To make a contribution to the community through service activities.
- To introduce you to service at Hamilton, which continues during the semester through HAVOC, Alternative Spring Break, internships, community-based research and service-learning course work.
- To have fun!
Motivation and Responsibility
We ask that you come with an open mind, ready to learn more about yourselves and others. Our best students have positive attitudes, care about others and understand what it means to be part of a group effort and contribute to a community.
OA is a substance-free program that prohibits use of drugs or alcohol by all participants for the entire program, beginning with arrival on campus. Non-compliance with this principle is grounds for immediate dismissal from the program.