If an employee is involved in an accident while driving a College vehicle on campus, contact Campus Safety immediately.

Notify the Transportation Coordinator, who manages the scheduling of the College's vehicle fleet, and Administrative Services, who manages the College's insurance. Campus Safety will document the accident and generate an incident report.

If the accident occurs off-campus, contact the local police department and request the completion of an accident report form. If you have a camera or cell phone with you, take photos of the damage to both vehicles. Obtain full information on the other driver — name, address, phone number, and vehicle make/model/year, license plate #, and the insurance company. Provide the same information to the other driver (the insurance card with the College's insurance info is in the glove box of the vehicle) refer them to Amber Denny in Administrative Services at 315-859-4974 for any questions regarding the College's insurance. If the accident involves a rental car, email a copy of your rental car contract to Amber Denny.

If the accident is minor and only involves damage to the college vehicle, i.e., a car/van scraped on the way out of a parking lot, it is not necessary to contact the local police department. Document the damage (date, time, location, circumstances), take photos of the damage, and report the incident immediately to the Transportation Coordinator at 315-859-4515 and Amber Denny in Administrative Services at 315-859-4974. Contact Campus Safety to complete a full incident report when you return to campus.


Contact Name

Administrative Services

Office Location
Bristol Center Main Floor

Help us provide an accessible education, offer innovative resources and programs, and foster intellectual exploration.

Site Search