As part of the College's commitment to an inclusive campus community, a Bias Incident Response Team and protocol has been developed to address incidents that occur on-campus or at any Hamilton-sponsored off-campus event. You may report an incident by clicking here.
The Bias Incident Response Team consists of:
- Phyllis Breland - Director of Opportunity Programs and Interim Director of Diversity and Inclusion - 315-859-4399
- Rylee Carrillo-Waggoner '19 - Student Representative
- Tina Hall - Chair, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Board and Associate Professor of English -315-859-4462
- Allen Harrison - Chair, Bias Incident Response Team and Associate Dean of Students for Multicultural Affairs and Accessibility Services -315-859-4021
- Jeffrey Landry - Associate Dean of Students for Health and Safety -315-859-4021
- Lisa Magnarelli - Senior Associate Dean of Students/Title IX Coordinator - 315-859-4020
- Frank Coots - Director of Campus Safety - 315- 859-4141 (315-859-4000 in case of emergency)
- Corinne Smith '17 - Student Representative
- Nancy Thompson - Vice President and Dean of Students
- David Walden - Director of Counseling and Psychological Services and Lecturer in Psychology - 315-859-4340
The Bias Response Team will respond in the following ways:
- Review the report and ensure a timely response.
- A member of the team will be designated to ensure that the complainant is provided with appropriate support and referrals to resources on and off-campus and relevant updates concerning any investigation.
- Members of the team will assess the impact of an incident and determine how best to address community concerns.
- Collect and disseminate to the campus community information about reported bias incidents