Network and Telephone Services Home Page
Network and Telecommunications Services will ensure a reliable, secure, efficient network and telecommunications environment for the campus community.
- Research industry trends for future growth in new technologies.
- Utilize technical resources to troubleshoot day-to-day problems and issues.
- Collaborate with technical experts on various projects and initiatives.
- Provide consulting support for campus departments and other ITS teams.
- Maintain notification systems for planned and unplanned outages.
- Establish and maintain standards, policies, documentation, and logs for all equipment and services.
- Administer and maintain security, power needs, and environmental conditions in telecommunication facilities.
- Design and implement redundant and survivable systems in accordance with disaster recovery planning.
- Investigate and respond to any complaints regarding telephone, network, or server abuse.
- Provide second level support for advanced network/server issues and printing issues.
- Provide on-campus, local, and long distance telephone services to campus community.
- Administer, and maintain PBX and voice mail system for quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide specialized telephone services such as conference calling, ISDN service, investigating fraud and abuse, etc.
- Configure telephones and voicemail, and provide training and documentation for these services.
- Resolve telephone problems
- Design, installation, management, and expansion of all electronic networking devices ( switches, routers, firewall, wireless devices, bandwidth shaping).
- Design, maintain, and document outside cable plant and termination facilities.
- Monitor, manage, and troubleshoot internal network and Internet connectivity.
- Upgrade hardware and software on all networking devices.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce security for all networked devices.
- Manage DNS and DHCP configuration for the campus network.
- Provide network connectivity assistance for end-user devices.
- Design, installation, management, and replacement of server hardware and operating systems. This includes installation and upgrades of hardware, operating systems, databases, and server applications (not include primary user support of server applications).
- Monitor vendor and security organization bulletins for any known security vulnerabilities and bug fixes.
- Routinely apply server operating system service packs, database updates, application updates, and security patches.
- User Account creation.
- Maintain enterprise file storage (SAN) .
- Utilize enterprise storage solutions for server backup and restore services.
- Establish and monitor user and file system security.
- Monitor servers, operating systems, databases, and applications to minimize failures or degraded performance.
You can email the Network Services Team at: email@example.com
Last updated: March 23, 2018