Posting and Distributing Posters and Flyers in Burke
This document describes the rules governing the posting and distributing of posters and flyers in Burke Library.
These guidelines apply to all users of Burke Library.
Last revised, October 2015.
It is recognized that the library is a popular location for the promotion of events and services offered by groups and organizations on campus. In the spirit of campus community, posting is allowed on the large bulletin board in the Burke Library entrance, within the following guidelines:
- Posters should be no larger than 11 x 17 (8½ x 11 preferred).
- Limit to one poster per event.
- Posters/flyers should be removed after the event.
- Use tacks (provided) in each corner to secure.
- Posters advertising ongoing activities or ones without dates should be toward the top of the board.
- Posters should not be overlapping.
Postings not adhering to the guidelines may be removed.
- Brochures and flyers may not be placed on study tables, carrels, stacks or in any undesignated location without express permission from a circulation supervisor or other library staff member.
- Only brochures and flyers directly related to Hamilton College activities are allowed.
- Brochures, handouts and flyers may not be handed to patrons in the library or at library entrances.
- No flyers or posters may be attached to windows, walls, or doors. (Exception - Posters concerning sexual abuse/harassment are allowed on restroom stall doors.)
- The library reserves the right to remove poster/flyers or brochures that are expired, offensive or posted in undesignated areas.
- Brochures and flyers must be removed in a timely fashion by the sponsoring organization.
Last updated: August 10, 2018