Students are required to sign up for four courses during the fall and spring terms.
- One of the four courses need to be an advanced language class. A placement test is given during the week of the orientation.
- All courses meet three hours a week.
- Courses are taught by Spanish faculty.
- All courses are taught entirely in Spanish.
- All classes at El Centro are small (see Course Descriptions).
- Students also have the opportunity to enroll directly in the Madrid University system.
- A number of business and social work internships are open to program participants.