Financial Aid Appeal
To initiate a financial aid appeal, please complete and return Hamilton’s Financial Aid Appeal E-Form. Please note that appeals will not be considered by the financial aid committee until all required documentation is received, and in most cases that will include recent tax returns and W2(s), if applicable, for the student and parent(s). Depending on the reason for your appeal, the Office of Financial Aid may request additional supporting materials.
All appeal documentation should be sent as PDF attachments to email@example.com, or by fax to (315) 859-4962. Please remember to include the student's name on all correspondence.
Reasons for an appeal may include, but are not limited to:
- Unexpected loss of income due to termination of employment
- Death of an immediate family member
- Divorce/separation (please note that we expect a contribution from both households)
- Correction to information misreported on financial aid application materials
- High medical expenses
Circumstances that we are unable to consider during an appeal:
- A parent’s unwillingness to contribute
- A student's unwillingness to take the loan that is included in their financial aid offer
- High consumer debt
- A sibling’s private secondary school or graduate school costs
- Expenses that have not yet occurred