Facebook pixel tracker

Divorced, Separated or Never Married Parents

In the case of divorced, separated or parents whom never married, we expect the parents will share responsibility for financing their child's education.

The custodial parent with whom the student resides must complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile, along with the other required documents. The non-custodial parent will be asked to complete a Non-Custodial Parent Profile and other required documents. If married and filing separately, the non-custodial parent should also submit his or her spouse's federal income tax return and W2 form(s).

A waiver of the non-custodial contribution may be granted if a letter from a guidance counselor, teacher, principal, pastor, or an attorney attests to the fact that the non-custodial parent has not been in the student's life for a number of years.

View FormS and Deadlines

Contact Information

Office of Financial Aid

800-859-4413 315-859-4962 finaid@hamilton.edu
Back to Top